Topband: Impedance of inv l?

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 10:58:31 EST 2018

My inv. L is 50 feet up and 70 horizontal.  Wire is #14 bare 7 strand
hard drawn.  3 feet out from mast.  101 radials, two ground rods and
aluminum siding on garage strapped in to ground sys.  on around 1840 Z
is 11 R and ~ 20 ohms X.  A typical inverted L with a good ground
system should be down around 15 ohms at feedpoint from my experience
and rapidly change above and below the minimum reactance point.  High
resistance flat antennas have an inadequate ground system.

Rob
K5UJ