Topband: Fwd: Re: Drone and pulley

terry burge ki7m at comcast.net
Tue Nov 27 17:11:25 EST 2018

Interesting about the drones. I want to get one or maybe have someone who runs them take a video of my tower and place. High quality video that is. If you ever watch youtube/Andrew Caramata doing his property management/excavation stuff you will be amazed by how long his video are and the distances he flies with his drone. He even has a video where he takes it apart and does a repair on the camera mount system to get it to run smoothly. I'm a real fan of this youtube videos about the arborist/tree climbing pruning and tree removing (don't know exactly what to call it). Ace Tree out of VK land has some awesome videos. I could use someone around here like that but the one quote I got was over $1000.

With the drone I would think if you can come up with a mechanism to release the rope/fish line you could use a fishing weight about 1 to 1.5 oz and run you line over a tree and drop it. That would keep you from tangling up your drone coming down again.

Most of all they really can do some tremendous video with the drone!

Terry
KI7M