Topband: Detuning TX ant + QSK

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Wed Nov 28 10:22:25 EST 2018

###  another way to speed up the release of a vac relay is to wire a
resistor, with a value of aprx  2-3  times that of the vac relay coil
resistance, in series with the rvs connected  back emf diode.
Doesn’t matter which leg of the diode, that the resistor is inserted in.
End result is the vac relay will  release a lot faster, vs just a back emf
diode alone.   I use that trick on the input vac relay on my hb amps.
Output vac relay  gets just the diode.  Then the input relay releases  1st,
and the output relay releases   last.  And both are sped up with an
overvoltage. ....+  drop resistor.  If you are V limited for an overvoltage,
you can also wire a small value lytic  across the drop resistor.     Another
method, if you are  V limited is to use the  12 vdc  version of the GH-1,
instead of the  26.5 V version.    14-18 vdc   + drop resistor
will easily speed up the 12 vdc version of the  GH-1.

Jim   VE7RF