Topband: Leaving

AJ iamfromcanadaalso at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 19:37:29 EDT 2018

On Sun, 2 Sep 2018 23:09:21 -0400
Nick Maslon - K1NZ <k1nz at arrl.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> While I have enjoyed many of the technical topics of the list, I have
> become rather annoyed by the blame that has repeatedly come across the
> reflector. From the FT8 arguments in addition to the "millennials
> causing the WWV shutdown" argument, it appears that the parts of the
> hobby that I enjoy do not cross paths with those on the topband
> reflector. Although I wish you all many CW DX, it appears that I am
> no longer welcome and that I must take my leave. I just wish that you
> guys would realize that your sandbox is everyone's sandbox and that
> there is room for everyone in the hobby and not just the "good ole
> boys" who have been around for 40+ years. 73 from a 27 year old ham,
> DE K1NZ
> ________________

Hi Nick

Hope you have not left yet, have a read.

Just an example of people as they can be.

All organizations grow; as this happens some
individuals want to control, take credit for, manage,
meddle, moderate people, interfere, direct their agenda,
guide, regulate, police you and me, you name it. This is
happening behind your proverbium backs.

They are so good at manipulating people that it takes time
for us to see it. ( sometime a very long time)

Hence forth personalities clash and some leave in total
disgust, some people are asked to take sides; then some
wait to see the progression!

Personally I’d say change is inevitable and good in most
cases...

Problem is when some individuals decide to tell a
person that has spent their hard earned money to setup
a system and then told that they are not going to get paid
after they where promised to be paid. ( oh we will
decide what we will pay you.)

And then take it upon themselves to persuade people
and ask them to rescind a decision that was made by
unanimous vote; that is so wrong on so many accounts.

This just an example of how some people operate sad to say,
they will pit friend against friend and foe against foe. . . .etc etc
etc.

Here's the way around it, reply not to those that upset you
if you can. Ignore the manipulators. And follow where you enjoy
and the disarrangement can be left to disregard.

There are many other aspects that could be added in but I
figured this covers most of them.

This may or may not show up in the post since it has nothing to do with
TOP BAND  directly but does totally indirectly.

I hope you decide to stay in the fraternity, there is so much technology
to learn. I have been around a long time and still learning. There are
some very smart people on here.

As a further note most advancement have come from disagreements and
conflict of value. So try and disseminate the facts from fiction;
sometimes it is very very hard for literal people to do this.

 Sincerely___Andrew_S._Jancik (orig~1968edit)

IIRC this is edit 27 since I  needed to blow off some steam.

I truly hope this was what you are  doing.

My peace thanks. . .

No I am not looking for a pen pal, my beautiful wife keeps me very busy.