Topband: Radial wire

Herbert Schoenbohm herbert.schoenbohm at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 13:00:05 EDT 2018

For a cheap solution for radials is to use buried galvanized barbed wire.
It is available for pennies a foot.  A preferred way of putting it in is to
use a is a  Ditch Witch with a vibrating plow attachment that allows the
wire to buried with limited handling.  Depending on the soil consistency it
will be long-lasting.   My sons with metal detectors have unearthed barbed
wire that was of a style used 50 years ago by local farmers. In Puerto Rico
AM stations have lost entire copper fields by poachers who sent it off to
Rep Dom by containers to be sent by the pound. They have used the
galvanized fence wire successfully.

Herb, KV4FZ