Topband: Call for antenna ideas

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sat Sep 15 11:48:43 EDT 2018

On 9/14/2018 10:28 AM, Simon Ravnič via Topband wrote:

> At S53M contest station we are well organized for 40m & up but are lacking lower band TX antennas.

I suggest 2 element vertical arrays phased for a cardioid
pattern such that the nearest tower is directly off the
back.  This takes that tower out of play in terms of
pattern distortion.  Hopefully the other towers are
farther away and still in the general back field of
the array.

And of course, you MUST model whatever you plan to put
up ahead of time.

Rick N6RK