Topband: Toploaded vertical - SWR

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 14:41:58 EDT 2018

Your suggestion of a hairpin is a high-pass. Herb's suggestion for a
series-L shunt-C L-network is a low-pass. Sometimes you might prefer one
over the other.

Or choice might be entirely driven by parts on hand.

I happen to have some big old variable capacitors so all my tuners use them.

But a younger ham probably wouldn't and might rediscover the variometer or
other solution.

Tim N3QE