Topband: Multiple verticals one feed-point.

Gary Smith Gary at ka1j.com
Thu Sep 20 13:28:57 EDT 2018

Folks,

Thanks for the off & on-line replies.
There were all positive replies to doing
it, nobody mentioned issues with
harmonics.

All the antennas are in different
directions, none run parallel to each
other. However... As I'm using trees to
hold up the wires and I'm at the edge of a
salt water marsh, trees keep falling in
hurricanes and there are no other tall
ones around the radial bed to keep picking
from. The 160 used to be an INV-V but now
that tree is no longer standing, I had to
use one farther away thus making the
current sloper. Someday I will only have
slopers on all bands... OTOH, I truly wish
to move from here & when I do, that will
be a moot point.

My remote coax switch was under salt water
after Sandy. I cleaned it thoroughly,
washed it well with distilled water and
then rinsed it with grain alcohol & it's
seemingly OK. I have always wondered
though, if a shoe is about to fall with
it. Having the wires all attached to one
feed-point and removing the remote coax
will simplify everything and remove my
concerns about the coax switch.

73,