Topband: YCCC common mode feedline choke

Zivney, Terry 00tlzivney at bsu.edu
Mon Sep 24 15:03:46 EDT 2018

I am having trouble constructing the YCCC feedline chokes as
described in their manual.  In particular, I cannot seem to solder the
RG-179 to the PCB mount F-connector, even after studying the
photos in the manual. I had no problems soldering the BNC PCB
connector in the FA-VA5 antenna analyzer kit with the same
soldering equipment. The RG-179 and F-connector are in the
commercial kits I purchased. The shield keeps pulling away from the
connector after the solder cools.

Does anyone know where to obtain the soldering lugs that fit under
the nuts on chassis connectors? When I look for 3/8 inch lugs I
keep finding lugs to hold 3/8 inch diameter power cables!

Terry N4TZ