Topband: Which RX antenna is better?

Rodman, David rodman at buffalo.edu
Thu Aug 1 22:15:53 EDT 2019

Reading all these replies makes me think that the intent of my post might have been somewhat misinterpreted.  My post was not intended to be a scientific analysis of only RDF or performance in rating or ranking various antennas.  It was, however, intended to introduce possibly significant (in my opinion) other factors or roadblocks or logistical impediments to the readers minds in order to add those observations into the mix of what everyone deals with when planning or building any antenna.  Those factors included, cost, maintenance, time and ease of construction, multidirection capability, size and usefulness in a contest environment.  I was not considering ground (mine is good) or beverage length (mine 600-900') or F/B or whether a particular antenna had optimal low angles.  Not wishing to insult anyone and trying to stay as neutral as possible, I reached the conclusion that the most appropriate (best performance) for my location, based on all these factors, was the SAL-30.

73, Dave

---
David J Rodman MD
Assistant Clinical Professor