Topband: 160

Cecil chacuff at cableone.net
Fri Aug 2 19:57:04 EDT 2019

And I disagree with your declaration that Gary was incorrect. His position, and mine are based on the original intent and design of the software writers...not how some are modifying and misusing the software. The awards system is also based on the original intent and design of the software.

You manually start a CQ sequence that can run unanswered for 15 minutes...but if answered and “answer first” is selected an auto sequence of trading signal reports ensues until the QSO is successfully completed or fails at which time the process stops until the operator starts the process again. It won’t start again on its own unless the operator starts it.

If it functions any differently it’s either been modified or is being manipulated by a macro...neither of which was part of the software writers intent or design...period!

Do I doubt the software has been modified to function unattended...no not at all. I think two examples have been presented.

Is that grounds for exempting FT8 contacts from the awards systems for all operators...no.  It’s not the solution. Same could be done with any of the digital modes and probably has been.

I really think at this point for many, any excuse to exempt FT8 is a good excuse...and if that’s where we are that’s a whole different set of problems...

Cecil
K5DL

Sent from my iPad