Topband: 160

donroden at hiwaay.net donroden at hiwaay.net
Sat Aug 3 00:29:23 EDT 2019

Disclaimer here …..  I've never used FT-X … I still have a copy of
DIGIPAN on a laptop somewhere that I used on PSK-31 a decade or so ago.

 From this discussion, it "appears" that FT is a "one-button push" mode.

My question to the group :

If you are in your local ( not remote ) ham shack watching this process, and
IF the original software writer had intended for his software to
make THREE QSOs before the process stops..... does NOT pressing the
button a second or third time somehow invalidate the last two QSOs ?

If the software would somehow alert the operator to press the button again
with a beep or screen flash at the end of a completed QSO,
  would that be acceptable ?

It all seems so impersonal to me … . .  regardless of the number of presses.

Don W4DNR