Topband: 160 portable vertical

Mike Smith VE9AA ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Wed Aug 7 13:13:13 EDT 2019

Hi Pat,

Your #1 friend will be 127' of vertical(ish) wire (ie: inverted L) and a few
ground radial wires or better still 3-4 raised radials and a tall palm tree,
otherwise I am afraid you'll be sorely disappointed in any kind of short
compromise (loaded) antenna with summer (QRN) condx and QRP and/or LP (K2 is
15w, correct?).

There's no getting around physics and you're going to be very weak and a
full sized antenna is going to be your best bet to being heard.

GL

Mike VE9AA

Planning on going to some island in the Caribbean this December. Unless I
find

a friendly ham, will bring along my Elecraft k2 and operate qrp or lp.
Looking

for ideas on an easy to setup small vertical antenna to bring.

N8vw

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB