Topband: An oddball question about a BOG.

Mikek amdx at knology.net
Sat Aug 24 13:05:23 EDT 2019

> But what did you mean by "proper pattern"?

I should have said, the best pattern that adjusting the Inductive loads
will provide.

Yes, I understand the pattern changes with frequency. What I want to do
is inductively load the antenna,
so it will have the same pattern as if we increased the length.

Say I have a BOG with a length that is ideal to give me the best RDF
number available at say 1.8Mhz.
  Now, I move down to 1MHz, and I inductively load it, can I get that
same RDF number?
ie. can I reduce the VF to make it act like the correct length?
  What are the caveats?

                                   Thanks,  Mikek