Topband: Drones for antenna installation?

David G4FTC g4ftc at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 31 02:11:37 EDT 2019

Hi All,

As a alternative to a drone, I would recommend an Arborist Sling-shot, namely

https://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/6687

and

https://www.sherrilltree.com/climbing-gear/throwlines-weights/bigshot-launchers?Brand=Brand%3ANOTCH-EQUIPMENT&ea_a=Brand%3ANOTCH-EQUIPMENT&ea_bc=&ea_c=&ea_path=climbing-gear%2Fthrowlines-weights%2Fbigshot-launchers

In the UK we can also buy a 4ft extension pole which makes accurate aiming much easier. The trigger assembly is also recommended.

Tip - a light-weight weight and line will give you greater height although a heavier weight will help the line to drop to the ground.

Getting over a 65ft tree is no problem!

David G4FTC