Topband: Morning (W6 time) opening to European Russian today at ~1300Z during ARRL contest

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sun Dec 8 21:35:17 EST 2019

11 or so years ago, I worked UA3AGW at 1500Z during the ARRL contest
using only 100 watts then.  That was of course at a sunspot minimum.

We are now at the next SS minimum and this morning in the 1300Z hour,
I again worked UA3AGW who called me during the contest.
I also worked RK4FF, UD4F, RM4F, RA4LW, and RW3PZ plus LY7M and UW2M.
I would like to thank all the callers for sticking with me till
I got your call, although some were armchair copy.
I was using 1,500 watts today.

I hope to see this opening again in the upcoming Stew Perry
where it will worth a lot more than 5 points.

Rick N6RK