Topband: K9AY Loop not performing

N4ZR n4zr at comcast.net
Mon Dec 9 16:26:24 EST 2019

Thank you to everyone who responded to my query.  The transmitting
antenna was indeed coupling both noise and signals into my K9AY loops.
I disconnected it at the feedpoint and the noise level on the RX antenna
dropped 4 S-units!  Fooling around today in steady rain (which may
affect the quality of ground, I'd expect).  I  was amazed, playing with
the high end of the AM broadcast band, to be able to select one of two
stations on the same frequency, just by switching the direction of the
loop array.  I can hardly wait for European sunrise.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.