Topband: Activity

K9FD merv.k9fd at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 13:12:01 EST 2019

A5 guys were on both CW and FT-8 this morning,  signals that direction
not too good it seemed.
There was decent activity on CW and FT-8 was unreal,  today the band was
open over the pole,
not skew path,  right over the pole,  and say what you want,  it was
shades of 2008-2009 era.
Tons of Eu and Russian Eu/Asia,   QSB was fast and deep,  one second
would be +0 and next
transmission it would be -20.   Worked a number of stations, but had a
blast listening to KL7SB
he came on and there were 10 to 15 callers at a time, he was giving good
reports and this
continued for some time,  he was still going at it 30 mins after sunrise
here,
Myself I could still work EU on QSB peaks 30 to 45 mins after sunrise.
One of the memorable
160 openings.
I am hopeful next season will be even better,  I think the lowest is yet
to come,  and even perhaps
2021 before the upturn starts.
73 Merv K9FD  Molokai Island Hawaii