Topband: Reverse Beacon Network

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Fri Feb 1 10:56:31 EST 2019

>"However going to reversebeacon.net and entering my callsign - I can find
out that I am indeed getting out and the band is open..."

If PSKReporter is to believed, total global CW activity across bands is now
less than 1% of FT8.  For example, look at the report for the last 12 hours
(0.4%).  This trend began rising dramatically during November, 2018.

We can all pretend it's "band conditions" driving these statistics, but I
think it's much more than that.  The numbers show that FT8 has become an
insatiable HF video game.

https://pskreporter.info/cgi-bin/pskstats.pl

I have no idea as to the accuracy of input drivers that make the reported
statistics, nor how it's all compiled.  Anyone?

Paul, W9AC