Topband: V84SAA report 1530z 09 Feb

k1zm at aol.com k1zm at aol.com
Sat Feb 9 10:28:16 EST 2019

Hi Gang
I am off to bed but a quick update on the lowbands out here.
On 80m at our SS we had some good luck.  K1LZ worked KV4FZ, FM5BH K8MFO some W0's W3LPL, W3UR and quite a few others.
This was as the sun setting out over the ocean.
On 160m where I was - it was really tough - but managed to copy N4IS in (FLA) and  work N0FW in Cincinnati Ohio.
We have a 1000 ft beverage aimed at NA on the short path - and the xmit antenna is almost in the salt water - but honestly NA signals on Topband are  about RST 109 for the most part.
Only the west coast is about 559 with some exceptions  Keep the faith - we are trying - with an S meter resting  at S1 and only atmospheric noise to deal with - it is still  beyond hard to hear stations considerably BELOW that level.
It is almost ESP like out here on Topband!  Keep the faith - maybe we will get an uptick in propagation while we are here
73 JEFF  K1ZM/VY2ZM
Jeff BriggsDXing on the Edge: The Thrill of 160 Meters Available worldwide through BookBaby, Array Solutions, DX Engineering, Radio Society of Great Britain, & Amazon