Topband: V84SAA 10 Feb SR Report 80m and 160m

k1zm at aol.com k1zm at aol.com
Sat Feb 9 19:39:44 EST 2019

 Hi ALl
Just got back from the CW site.
I worked W1NA via LP at about 2237z on 1805.5  qsx 1808.5   I do this set of frequencies to try to focus on NA at both SR and SS - as it helps keep a bit of order out of ASIA and EU.  Still some do CALL outside their allowed band segments.  This was my first breakthrough to the NA east coast  on 160m - I heard no other callers - I was there from 2150z to 2250z cq'ing for NA steadily. Wish there had been others...
I will be back at SS again looking for NA
Next to me on 80m about 3505 - K1LZ managed to work my brother K3ZM via the LP also - there may have been others.
Part of the problem on 80m is that one cannot HIDE from unwanted callers - W3LPL had a tough slog to get through the very loud JA callers - I am sure it would have been much easier if Asia had stopped calling. But it is what it is.  We know many want their Q and get impatient - it happens and we just  have to go with the flow - HI.
We will there again at our SS - 1805.5 for 160m and around 3505 for 80m.
Keep your ears on pls!
73 JEFF K1ZM

Jeff BriggsDXing on the Edge: The Thrill of 160 Meters Available worldwide through BookBaby, Array Solutions, DX Engineering, Radio Society of Great Britain, & Amazon