Topband: Satisfactory fiberglass pole for K9AY loop

Russ Tobolic erusst at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 20 12:02:19 EST 2019

 Chuck;
The 1" OD was cut to get 2 pcs @ 2' each for joining the 3-1.25" OD.  The remaining 4' was used at the top.  I slit the bigger poles and used SS hose clamps.  You can buy the poles with the slits but they are more expensive.  I notice that N7WS mentioned a problem with fiberglass in the sun.  We certainly don't have that problem here especially in winter and I take down my loops in the summer to mow the grass.  I suppose you could paint the poles to protect them somewhat from the UV.
Russ N3CO