Topband: Frequency Dependant Remote antenna switching

Larry (K8UT) K8UT at charter.net
Wed Feb 27 05:25:18 EST 2019

For those interested in a Do-It-Yourself project that supports
Band-Drive or Frequency-Driven antenna control, the freeware program
FreqEZ runs as a Windows Console that connects via ethernet or WiFi to a
Raspberry Pi Controller and antenna selector.

In Frequency-Driven mode, you define up-to 50 frequency segments that
control any combination of 16 output relays. For example, if you use
four narrow-bandwidth verticals to cover the entirety of the 75/80 meter
band, you would configure FreqEZ to engage the preferred relay(s) in
each of four frequency ranges. All configuration and definitions are
done in software - no switches/jumpers/diodes/solder bridges.
Communication is done with UDP and TCP packets - no messy serial ports.

You can read more about FreqEZ here:
http://hamprojects.info/freqez/

Or watch a short video here:
http://hamprojects.info/wp-content/HamProjects/FreqEZ/FreqEZ%20Overview_Video.mp4?_t=1540736190