Topband: Subject: Re: elevated radial Message-ID:

Kenny Silverman kenny.k2kw at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 10:27:23 EST 2019

I agree that 5m high is better for elevates radials.  If you go with 2 full size radials, start the radials as a dipole at the installed height and tune to resonance.  Once tuned, remove the coax and short the dipole and that will be the connection point for the vertical. Then modify the vertical section to achieve total antenna resonance.

This is how we tuned all the Team Vertical antennas on our expeditions.

Regards , Kenny K2KW