Topband: JA's came in droves today on 160

Herbert Schoenbohm herbert.schoenbohm at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 14:00:18 EST 2019

This morning starting an hour before dawn 34 JA's were worked on FT-8 with
a 1840/1908 split.  The best path was straight west for me. I don't know
how this path existed or what caused this to happen. The regular NW path
was nothing but the W and SW paths were great.  Maybe the massive Arctic
air mass was causing the signals to take a warmer route and avoid the
extreme cold. Just kidding of course. But some interesting phenomenon
causes this path to exist from time to time. I hope to hear from some of
the JA's worked as to which direction was best for my signal.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ