Topband: Ticks

Sean Waite waisean at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 11:55:17 EDT 2019

Note that the "bullseye" rashes don't always appear with lyme.

If I know I'm going to be spending some time in tick areas, I break out the
chemicals. Permethrin is great for this. Apply to clothes, it'll survive a
few washes. Wear long pants, tuck those pants into your socks. A DEET based
spray can be applied to your skin as well for double help. I used this
method while bushwacking down a trail covered in deer and moose scat at the
height of tick season in New Hampshire and got away with zero ticks on me,
so I guess it works to some degree.

Having had Lyme Disease in the past, I'd heartily recommend avoiding it.
Not fun.

73,
Sean WA1TE