Topband: Transmit High Pass Filters for BCB Interference

Mark Schoonover mark at ka6wke.net
Mon Jul 29 12:43:30 EDT 2019

Mark,

I had the same problem - I live a mile from 760 AM at 50KW 24/7. I used a
homebrew highpass filter and that helped but didn't quite reduce it enough.
What I figured out was the signal was also on the coax braid! I put two mix
71 toroids, wound 6 turns of coax through them as close to the rig as
possible. Made a huge difference in interference. The signal went from 60
over 9 down to a manageable S8 on the fundamental. Harmonics don't fall
into ham bands so not worried about them. Mostly I suffered from severe
overload and distortion across the low bands.

HTH

73! Mark KA6WKE

Website: https://www.ka6wke.net
Live Stream: https://www.ka6wke.net/live-stream