Topband: RX antennas comparison chart

Tim Childers K9CQ k9cq at k9cq.com
Tue Jul 30 17:20:13 EDT 2019

I can vouch for Lee's Hi-Z designs.  I am using the Hi-Z Triangular Array at
50 foot spacing and get 6 directions. It works about the same as a 500-700
foot beverage with better front to back.  You get that with a 50 foot
triangle in the corner of your lot.  If you get the triangular array
optimized for 80 it's only 40 foot spacing.

Not only does it hear much better than my transmit antenna on a night when
there are storms I can point it away from the lightning and still hear quite
well. It has the added benefit that you don't use ground radials at each
vertical, just a ground rod for each antenna.

Tim, K9CQ