Topband: Summer Update & a Surprise

Peter Sundberg sm2cew at telia.com
Wed Jul 31 13:31:36 EDT 2019

If we CW operators would all stay on a very tight frequency passband
and call CQ every 15 seconds I bet there would be a lot of
interesting things happening to us also. Especially if we do it 24/7
or at least every hour that we are not asleep.

However, PC-automation has it's advantages, some are at work while
working DX and others are gardening. Some even sit by the radio/PC
and watch things happen :-)

Bottom line is, we need to activate our transmitters more and not
just listen for others. A perfect example is Bill KH7XS who opens up
almost any seemingly "dead" band to Europe, at any time, just by
calling CQ for a while.

CW is not only great fun as you say Dave, CW is King!

73
Peter SM2CEW