Topband: Top Loading Advice

Clive GM3POI clive at gm3poi.com
Sun Mar 17 18:48:24 EDT 2019

Bob,
 You should lengthen the two top loading wires so that the basic resonance
of the vertical is about 1.9mhz. Then add a Hairpin coil across the feed
point and adjust it/ top loading to place the minimum SWR where you want it
in the bottom of the band e.g. 1825khz. This works well and also gives you a
DC grounded vertical.
73 Clive GM3POI