Topband: Top Loading Advice

GEORGE WALLNER aa7jv at atlanticbb.net
Sun Mar 17 21:42:06 EDT 2019

Robert,
I would leave it as it is.
I have experimented a lot with sloping top-loading wires and found that 12 -
14 meters (~40') is about right with a 55' vertical section. The only thing
I would do different is use two #14 wires, one on each side of the
spider-pole for a bit wider bandwidth lower losses. And, of course, add more
radials :-)
73,
George,
AA7JV/C6AGU