Topband: From 5x3c

w5zn at w5zn.org w5zn at w5zn.org
Mon Mar 18 17:44:24 EDT 2019

Greetings Franco,

Here in Arkansas, USA, we have experienced an outstanding signal
enhancement at our sunset, around 0015z, from 5X3C. On March 15 the 5X3C
signal rose to an outstanding 25 dB above my noise floor at 0020z but
then was entirely gone 20 minutes later.

Last night, March 18 at 0025z 5X3C was again very strong, peaking 20 dB
above my noise floor. At 0040z the signal had completely disappeared! I
do not ever recall hearing signals from central Africa that strong at my
QTH. My noise floor at W5ZN is usually between -130 to -125 dB.

Hopefully others can experience the excellent, but very brief,
propagation we have had during 5X3C's op.

73 Joel W5ZN