Topband: #1 W1BB

Herbert Schoenbohm herbert.schoenbohm at gmail.com
Wed May 29 14:27:58 EDT 2019

Yes indeed about Stew Perry.  The  ARRL really fooled around with the
160-meter DXCC award. But even worse, when they issued me mine I realized I
had the first ever 6-band DXCC. I asked the powers that be if the would
issue me this.  The answer was "no way."  I said then "If a 5-band DXCC was
such an accomplishment then why would a 6-band DXCC be also?"  There was no
reply and to this day, nearly 50 years later they have never allowed such
an award. So I made one up on the computer and just hung it to the wall.
Case closed..... as the ARRL is not very member-friendly but you already
knew that.

Herb, KV4FZ