Topband: A Bit of Zone 2 History Was Made Last Week

Frank VO1HP invl160 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 13:10:31 EST 2019

Jeff and Miriam

Thanks for the report on your Zone 2 activity.  I am so happy to see you
were successful in working the JA stations.  I am particularly pleased to
see Kuni JA7NI made it into your log.  I met him and Kaz JA8ISU et al at a
luncheon at JE1ZST contest club station in 2012.    Those you worked must
be so pleased to finally have completed 5BWAZ.

I totally support the successes we are seeing with FT8 on the low bands and
I enjoy using the mode on 160 and 80/40 daily.

I would certainly be interested in hearing a bit about the antennas that
you used.  Maybe we can learn something for our upcoming contest trip back
to Point Amour.

Congratulations on the success!!

73 Frank VO1HP
     VO1HP/VO2