Topband: 23rd Annual Stew Perry Topband Distance Challenge

Tree tree at kkn.net
Sun Nov 10 12:05:59 EST 2019

About 24 years ago - a small group of topband operators designed a new type
of radio contest which we all now know as the Stew Perry.  It is time to
start making plans for the next fun evening of topband CW operating.  While
it is becoming harder and harder to find guys using the old CW mode - there
is no shortage of them during the 24 hours of this event.

One of the fun things about this event is the plaque program.  The plaques
for last year are about to be created and mailed to their rightful new
owners.  You can review the list of plaques and winners at
https://www.kkn.net/stew/stew_plaques.html.

I know many of you enjoy the missives posted by our Plaque-meister, W7EW,
but he is on sabbatical this year and you will have to read these boring
posts instead.  Gone are the flowery words and obscure references to things
I never understood - but what remains is the intent and the list of plaques
that will be sponsored.

I know a few of you sponsor plaques annually and perhaps even paid some $$$
towards a plaque that hasn't be awarded yet.  We will get that figured out
- although if you could take a moment and let me know about it, that will
assure that I look for it.

So - use your imagination (not too much of it however) and come up with
your choice of plaque to sponsor for this year's running.  Please send your
emails to me instead of Lew this year.  The cost per plaque was $65 last
year.  We might have to make a small adjustment to this due to our costs -
but we are offering this price FOR A LIMITED TIME only - so shop early and
often.

73 Tree N6TR
Vice Plaque Chairmen

PS: There is no fine print.