Topband: 160 status this am

K9FD merv.k9fd at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 13:45:54 EST 2019

I work 630M also, last nite at 0830 I checked my WSPR log and was copying
JA1PKG,  so I had a good idea that 160 at sunrise would be a good bet.
When I fired up before sunrise I worked H40TT barefoot while the amp was
warming up,  did not hear much on CW and I noticed some big signals up
the band on FT-8,   sure enough the band was wide open and full of signals,
from 4s7AB to VR2, all over Asia,  tons of Russian UA9, UN7 etc etc and good
signals from SM, LA, DL, LX, S58 etc.   Worked over 20 stations in short
order.
sounded like the 2008 era when I could work 40 or 50 EU easy on the sunrise
path.  Its looking good,  I saw spotted 5H but was late arriving and
heard nothing,
that would be one of my last two zones from this QTH.
Sounding great so far, should improve as the season progresses,
73 Merv K9FD   Molokai Island Hawaii