Topband: Wednesday 160m DX CW Activity Night

Gary Smith Gary at ka1j.com
Thu Nov 28 22:58:44 EST 2019

LOL I tried, did work G4EIM & GS8VL but
then I was hit by a lightning strike with
no rain at the time. It did a bunch of
little things but all bad. Lost the USB
connection on the K3s but had a
replacement unit from my backup rig,
replaced that and all is well with the K3,
I'll send the affected module back to
Elecraft. lost the powered USB hub
(replaced today), GPSDO (hate to buy
another) and lost the LP-100A and the
sensor for watts/reflect in the P3 but the
waterfall & all P3 functions are working
fine still. And... the remote antenna
switch at the radial plate is fine.

It could have been much worse. I have
polyphasers in both coax and protection in
the 50 ohm coax to the HI-Z units which
are OK, good ground bonding around the
exterior of the house but it got in
somehow.

Anyway, I was in the middle of looking for
your sigs. Hopefully next week!

73,

Gary
KA1J