Topband: BevFlex-4X - RX antenna

Artek Manuals Manuals at ArtekManuals.com
Thu Oct 17 23:31:38 EDT 2019

Tim

Which antenna will you be using ; BOG, Beverage or a FLAG/Pennant

I have been doing some experimenting with the BF-4X with BOGs and
Beverages in both very poor sandy soil and then again at a water front
(salt) canal location. Eventually I will get around to trying out a
FLAG/Pennant style as well. Seems to work pretty well in my dry sandy
location� the performance has been less than stellar so far next to the
saltwater canal, I think this may have more to do with the seawall near
by. This is a BOG issue and not any problem with the BF-4X boxes. with
BOGS i tried it in an end fed and center� fed configuration� and an of
center feed with a beverage.

The for BF-4X literature says BOGs from 100 to 300' . For my poor soil
conditions I find that 200' ( as many other s have reported for BOGs) is
the upper limit> performance was noticeably poorer at 225', 250' and
350' . This is a function of soil conditions and not the boxes and YMMV.

Dave
NR1Dx

--
Dave