Topband: Ground under a K9AY Loop

N4ZR n4zr at comcast.net
Tue Oct 22 21:36:15 EDT 2019

Thanks to everyone who responded to my earlier question about
substituting radials for a ground rod.  We just had 3 days of rain - our
first in 6 weeks, so I don't think I have a ground rod driving problem
any longer.  I'll find out tomorrow.

But all those suggestions raised an interesting question - is there any
such thing as too good a ground under a K9AY?  For example, if I drive
an 8-foot ground rod and then run 4 radials from it, out under and past
the elements of the K9AY, might that be TOO much?  It's really not that
much extra effort, and my last lawn mowing for this fall is Thursday.

--

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network