Topband: Lots of NA Activity

Roger Kennedy roger at wessexproductions.co.uk
Thu Oct 24 17:36:16 EDT 2019

Yes, conditions have been fairly good the last few nights . . . but they've
often been just as good, but there's been very few North American stations
on 160m. I've often put out endless CQ DX calls, with no replies (despite
being 30 to 40dB over the noise at NA RBN sites).

However, I've been on for a couple of hours the last few nights, and had no
fewer than 57 QSOs with NA stations !  So it's been really great to hear so
many stations on the band for a change.  (I'm hoping it will continue)

I do sometimes wonder why some people make the effort to turn on their gear,
and come on the band just to work ONE DX-pedition station . . . and then not
bother to work any other DX stations !

I'd also like to thank the people that take the trouble to SPOT me on the DX
Cluster if they hear me calling CQ . . . I think that makes a big difference
to people taking the trouble to call me. (and makes a change from all the
dozens of FT8 spots - I really think there should be a different set of
Clusters for those !)

Roger G3YRO