Topband: ssb contest stations hogging cw portion

chet moore chetmoore at cox.net
Sun Oct 27 21:50:18 EDT 2019

CHAMPIONS ADJUST !!!!!.

-----Original Message-----
From: Topband [mailto:topband-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of W0MU Mike Fatchett
Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2019 7:57 PM
To: topband at contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: ssb contest stations hogging cw portion

*II. BANDS:* Six bands only: 1.8, 3.5, 7, 14, 21 and 28 MHz. Observance
of established band plans is strongly encouraged.

It is not a rule.  This has been a common practice in contests for years
as people don't want to change their antennas just for SSB as CW and FT8
seem to be the preferred DX modes.

It is just a hand full of days per year.  We should be happy there is a
good turn out and the bands are being used!

W0MU