Topband: CW Activity

daraymond at iowatelecom.net daraymond at iowatelecom.net
Tue Apr 7 13:38:33 EDT 2020

With springtime QRN quickly developing and many of us having temporarily
decommissioned our antenna systems due to lightning (including me), we have
to expect activity to be down.  This is really unfortunate for our southern
hemisphere friends who are so very good about remaining QRV during their
summer season.  While I've never had a lightning problem in the shack (below
grade single point grounding system before anything comes into the house) I
have lost plenty of things out at the antennas (Comtek phasing/switching
units, Hi-Z electronics, even coaxes feeding Hi-Z elements)Come early fall I
and a lot of others will be QRV once again.     73. . . Dave, W0FLS