Topband: Herbert Schoenbohm, KV4FZ: Silent Key

dan at np2j.com dan at np2j.com
Wed Apr 29 14:21:13 EDT 2020

It is with great regret that I have been informed that Herb Schoenbohm
KV4FZ has passed away this morning at his home.
Herb was 84 years of age.

Herb has been a fixture on Topband since the very beginning, having 160
DXCC #2 (I believe) and has been active in all 160 Meter contests over
the years setting many records.

I personally have been amazed at his stamina in contests, even recently,
he would stay up all night CQing long after this 62 year old called it
quits...I hope I live as long as Herbie, and be able to put half the
rare ones in the log as he did routinely

73 Herb

Best wishes to Herbs wife of over 50 years Monica and Sons Tom, Timmy
and Eric