Topband: EZNEC model of gamma matched tower

VE6WZ Steve ve6wz at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 4 15:13:09 EDT 2020

Tree
I did model my system, but only a very rudimentary replication. I just modelled  the Yagi on top as a big T.   I just did it to grossly represent the driver in my parasitic array.

Maybe you have already seen my shunt feeding video, but if not maybe check it out. I talk about some tricks to simplify finding the 50 ohm match point for the shunt arm.  If you measure the real R at the shunt arm location now with the new top loading, you should get a pretty good idea how far up to move the tap.

https://youtu.be/cHlc5MTGTFM

This video talks about the Omega match if you don’t want to move the shunt arm.

https://youtu.be/NA-Kwr09j8M

73, de Steve Ve6wz

From Babcocks iPhone