Topband: CQWW and 160

w5zn at w5zn.org w5zn at w5zn.org
Tue Dec 1 13:53:17 EST 2020

I don't believe this would significantly reduce the number of USA to USA
callers. In reviewing the large number I had, on all bands not just 160,
the USA callers were simply calling for a "general" QSO since there was
a contest and a lot of stations on the air. They had no clue what the
rules were and that it was a zero point, zero value contact for the
contest participant. In the ARRL DX contest USA-USA contacts are not
permitted and still get a ton of USA callers just wanting a Q, unaware
of the rules the contest participant must abide by. It do get just a tad
(OK, may be bit more than) irritation when you have an excellent run of
DX callers going and a "local" calls and won't stop!  :-)))

I'm not drawn either way and would be OK if were changed or remained as
is.

73 Joel W5ZN