Topband: I need help proofing an Inverted L model I made please. 40

Artek Manuals Manuals at ArtekManuals.com
Thu Dec 10 14:57:08 EST 2020

Especially if you have elevated radials you will need a choke otherwise
the coax and your shack will become part of the ground plane. . In my
case I have a choke ( for common mode currents) and UNUN to match the 25
ohm impedance of the antenna to 50 ohms. In some installations the
common modes� can be quite large . The choke on my� 60'-"t" is eight
ft-240-31 cores with 4 turns of coax. At 4 cores, the cores would get
hot enough after 10 minutes at legal limit that were too hot to touch.
With ground mounted radials the common mode problem is usually a lot lower.

YMMV
Dave
NR1DX

--