Topband: I need help proofing an Inverted L model I made please. 40’ x 143’, four 100’ radials, #14 wire.

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Fri Dec 11 10:29:31 EST 2020

Rudy Severns has many plots of elevated radial numbers, lengths, and
elevations on his web site  antennasbyn6lf.com

My "T" showed the expected change in feedpoint Z as I added 125ft long
10ft elevated radials from 2 to the current 8.  The last two made no
measurable difference.  From Rudy's analysis they could/should be a bit
shorter than 125ft.

Another experiment with a prototype shorty vertical showed a big
reduction in Z when two 128' radials were raised from 4ft to 9ft,
confirming the NEC4 modeling.

Poor dirt here but a little bit better in winter when the ground is
totally water saturated. Also, the T is pretty much surrounded with
100ft plus firs and cedars absorbing RF.  Another reason to love
verticals on the beach :) .

Grant KZ1W