Topband: Low dipole antennas

Bob Kile midnight18 at cox.net
Sun Dec 20 07:25:00 EST 2020

Regarding this thread I offer the following:

In a rare occasion based on location with the proper terrain a dipole or
Extended Zepp may offer increased performance.  In this case steep
sloping terrain with antenna suspended on the slope pointing in the
favored direction. Les A. Moxon (1993). /HF Antennas for All Locations/
(2 ed.). Radio Society of Great Britain. ISBN
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISBN_(identifier)> 1-872309-15-1
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:BookSources/1-872309-15-1>.

Statistically I offer the following from my location in Arizona.
Verticals rule making the extra one or two hops far more reliably.

Bob W7RH

--
W7RH DM35OJ

  “Small is the number of people who see with their eyes and think with their minds.” – Albert Einstein