Topband: Stew Perry

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Dec 25 14:32:05 EST 2020

On 12/25/2020 9:22 AM, David Raymond wrote:
> If you're running a 6L6 tied to the gutter (i.e., QRP)

While some who practice QRP do, indeed, think that includes Mickey Mouse
antennas, others of us do not. W6JTI has a great antenna farm on a
mountain top on California's "lost coast;" N4OGW, rarely sounds like
he's QRP, and I have three quarter-wave verticals.

The bad news for me is that the guys I've had clearing out our woods to
defend our home against wildfires have decimated the radial systems for
those antennas, so that even running legal limit, I don't get past W9. I
ran those radials 14 years ago when I was 65; at 79, I must rely on
friends and others who I can pay to do it.

73, Jim K9YC