Topband: Stew Perry

Wes wes_n7ws at triconet.org
Sun Dec 27 11:04:30 EST 2020

I just dabbled in the test.  I've recently replaced the K3S with a TS-890 and am
still learning the ropes.  After working flawlessly for a couple of weeks I had
a newly developed interface problem with the Elecraft KPA500 tuner, which
naturally popped up during the test.

I thought condx were generally good, with lots of big signals from stations
which didn't hear me.  As I mentioned in the "low dipole" thread, even without
the low-noise RX antenna that is commonly deemed necessary, I almost have parity
between TX and RX, except my RX is often better than TX.  Go figure.  Cases in
point, JE1CKA seemed to have a robot sending CQ test, without ever listening and
JA5DQH was working other JAs as his signal was peaking just past my sunrise,
when the test ended. Neither of them copied me, even though we have worked
several times before.

Wes  N7WS